Commentary on a Vimeo video, entitled: Homemade Spacecraft by Luke Geissbuhler
Very innovative and creative concept, only wish I had thought of building a makeshift spacecraft with video view. Albeit, a fairly expensive test, this is a great one for the science books.
Basically the test goes as follows:
- Use weather balloon to carry a package upward into the upper stratosphere
- Track using a iPhone with GPS (to find later)
- Film journey with a digital HD camera
- Happened in August of 2010
- Employed parachute upon decent (when the balloon burst from atmospheric pressure)
- Location was Newburge, New York after 8 months of planning
- Climbed 25 feet per second on ascent
- After 70 mins and 19 miles high the balloon bursts
- Camera used was a: Go Pro Hero HD
Click the link and hope you enjoy!