Subscribe in a reader

Nov 17, 2010

0 Optimizing my blog

optimizing blog

The site was going sluggish and I had to do something to get it back in shape, so this is all the things I did:

  • I took away the icons from the Blog List widget which made a big difference, surprisingly 
  • I removed the ContactMe button and created a personal page with the form code- instead
  • I made it where the Random Posts code was only displayed on post pages and not the main- as well as the code for it
  • I changed the subscription button to more affordable, affordable prices
  • I also changed the Blog Archives to be initially collapsed 
  • Just added a Subscribe page for the PayPal button- which helped as well. 
By doing all of those things, I reduced my page load enormously, hope you enjoy!

Take care,

No comments:

Post a Comment