Concerning Petition: https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/investigate-chris-dodd-and-mpaa-bribery-after-he-publicly-admited-bribing-politicans-pass/DffX0YQv
Couldn't list exact Terms of Participation due to character restraint of form and had to summarize original letter.
1. Chris Dodd's admission of using financial coercion for a specific legislative gain is a problem that the American people care deeply about. There should be no bribery, extortion, blackmail, coercions, or any other illegal actions dictating our governing law.
2. This email is to focus discussion on this issue and address the response by the White House which was avoided over possible technicality that I believe does not exist or coincides with this Terms of Participation. At the very least, The White House could comment on the process which is currently being acted upon concerning this instance, or pass it on to the appropriate governing branch to address the concerns and could comment in a thorough manner.
3. The Chris Dodd petition doesn't fall outside the scope of the limited purpose and intent of the petitioning platform. It does not call for an endorsement or commercial purchase or action; it does not urge support or opposition of candidates for government election; it DOES address current and potential actions or policies of the federal government, namely, the investigation of Chris Dodd and government corruption. How else is the People suppose to ensure that our government officials and government law isn't being abused, or manipulated for illegal means?
4. This is deeply disheartening and encourages a lost of faith in our government and their commitment to the People of the United States of America. It is a slap in the face for anyone who respects the process of petitioning and laws to not address this issue. Not addressing this issue over a possible technicality, when a former congressmen/current MPAA/CEO is concern, who has ties to government law and an organization that does political lobbying, is suspicious.
5. Therefore, I petition the government in this email to properly addressed, through the respective branches, to handle the concerns of the people about government coercion, Chris Dodd, and manipulation of government law. This, indeed, should not be allowed to continue and opens dangerous precedent for future incidents concerning: bribery, extortion, blackmail, and coercion of the government and law.